Friday, October 25, 2013

The beginning...


This blog is about self love.  I know, I know...self love...blah, blah, blah.  For all of my adult life I have struggled with my weight.  I've tried so many diets, having some success and then falling back into my old routines.  I've been told the answer is "self love".  When I love myself enough I will be able to lose the weight--so frustrating to hear and difficult to process when you know that you do love yourself and you want to lose weight more than anything.

Last year I realized that my daughter would be going off to college and I would be faced with the cold, hard truth about how much I've been lo ving myself.  Not much as it turns out.  Thinking about the next phase of my life prompted me to begin a journey of self love.  I am determined to create a life that makes me happy, lose weight, find a love relationship and fulfilling, inspirational work.  For the last 17 years I've been a divorced, very single mom, hiding out behind almost 100 pounds of extra weight.  I'm so ready to let go of the weight and start loving who I am.  In May I joined Weight Watchers and I have lost over 40 pounds so far.  I'm feeling great and life is beginning to open up.

I've been wanting to blog since I began this journey and I'm finally taking the plunge.  For me, so much of my life is intertwined with my weight and compulsive over eating.  I want to share this journey publicly to help myself and hopefully many others.  This blog is called Jar of Hearts because early on in my journey I created an anchor--two jars one filled with 100 hearts and one empty.  Each time I lose a pound I put a heart into the empty jar.  The hearts represent self love and what it will take to reach my goal.  The anchor is a visual for me and keeps me connected to self love and my intentions. 

Please join me on this journey!



3 comments:

  1. You did it!! Just one of many self-discovery posts.
    YOU ROCK, MY FRIEND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be following you! Good luck on your journey!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to your weight watchers meetings but even not knowing at all I have to say how proud of you that I am. It takes courage to put you most inner most thoughts and feelings out there for all to read!!!

    WAY TO GO!!!!!! Can't wait to keep checking back in on your progress

    ReplyDelete