Saturday, November 2, 2013

Good-bye fat clothes


The other day I cleaned out my closet and got rid of my "fat clothes".  It was quite liberating and emotional.  As I pulled out each item I was flooded with memories of when I wore it and how it made me feel.  Some of the clothes I hadn't worn in a long time.  Some of it had been my best friend just last winter.  Most of the clothes are a size 18-20 or 1XL or 2XL.  Right now I'm a legit size 14.  I can't tell you how happy I am.  I feel like I am back in the land of "normalcy".  No more plus sized stores for me.

Looking at the clothes it made me sad to think that I've been that lady, wearing the "fat lady clothes" for the longest time.  I'm grateful for having had them to get me through the tough times.  A place to cover up and hide all the shame and embarrassment of how I felt about myself.  I never want to wear those things again.  Right now, I don't know what my style is.  I haven't been shopping for clothes in regular sized stores for the past decade.  I'm excited to find my new style and move past this part of my life.

I posted this picture on Facebook and someone commented that it was a good idea to get rid of them.  Well, I'm here to say that there was NEVER a minute that I thought about keeping them.  I am SO determined to reach my goal and live life in a thin and healthy body.  I am letting go of this phase of my life.  So long...

No comments:

Post a Comment